Pages

TOO FACED | LOVE LIGHT PRIMSATIC HIGHLIGHTERS

It seems like nowadays you can't say your makeup is complete without a highlighter.
If previously everyone was about the no makeup makeup look, now it's better if our glow is detectable even from outer space.
Anyway wether you like it subtle, or blinding, the highlighter is literally a makeup bag must have.
Needless to say every makeup brand, from the tiniest indie one to the most popular one, came out with it's own personal highlighters products, that's why I would love to try as many as I can and then give you my personal favorites.
Today we start with the latest products from Too Faced, the Love Light Prismatic Highlighters ($ 30).
When we talk about Too Faced we need to address the packaging first.
This time we have mirror heart shaped compacts, and if it's not enough inside the compact even the highlighter is designed like a precious gemstone.
Too Faced came out with three shades:
- Blinded by the light, silvery white;
- Ray of light, rose gold;
- You light up my life, rich yellow gold.
I've read and seen a ton of mixed reviews about these products, I tried to understand if they are suitable only for light skin tones and even on this topic I found a lot of controversies.
The only thing I can do is giving my opinion from my personal experience, keeping in mind that I have a fair complexion.
I purchased Blinded by the light and Ray of light.
From the first swatch I could tell that Ray of light is still too dark for me, but I can probably wear it after getting a bit of a tan.
Blinded by the light, on the other side, really illuminates my skin.
The texture is silky and smooth, I applied them both with the fingers and with my favorite highlighting blush, which is Wayne Goss n.  (you can find it here in this post).
Once I've applied them on the cheekbones, watching close I could detect some glitters that emphasize pores and skin imperfection, I would say this is the only down side of these highlighters.
On the cheekbones they give a really nice glow, Blinded by the light looks almost wet.
So my final verdict from my own point of view has to be positive, I actually like them and their payoff is really pretty.
Have you tried them? I really would like to know what do you think about them, so leave a comment below, and see you soon with the next beauty review!

Pare proprio che senza un illuminante un look non sia completo, e se prima l'obiettivo era un aspetto naturale adesso è necessario che ci avvistino dal satellite per quanto siamo abbaglianti.
Comunque sia che vi piaccia "subtle", ossia delicato, sia che lo preferiate "blinding", accecante, l'illuminante non può assolutamente mancare nella vostra makeup bag.
Inutile dirvi che ogni casa cosmetica, dalla più sconosciuta alla più famosa, ha proposto la sua personale versione dell'illuminante, quindi ho deciso di provarne un po' per poi stilare una classifica dei miei preferiti.
Partiamo con gli ultimi arrivati in casa Too Faced, i Love Light Prismatic Highlighters (€ 28,50).
Con Too Faced si sa, si deve iniziare prima dal packaging, in questo caso dei cuori specchiati, ma non basta, all'interno anche l'illuminante è tutto sfaccettato, quasi dispiace rovinare questo bellissimo disegno.
I colori usciti sono:
- Blinded by the light, un bianco argentato;
- Ray of light, un oro rosa;
- You light up my life, un oro giallo intenso;
Ho letto e visto molte review contrastanti su questi illuminanti, ho cercato di capire anche se fossero adatti unicamente a chi ha la carnagione molto chiara come la mia e anche su questo punto ho trovato recensioni molto discordanti.
L'unica cosa che posso fare è darvi la mia opinione basata sulla mia esperienza, partendo dal presupposto che ho una carnagione molto chiara.
Io ho acquistato Blinded by the light e Ray of light.
Subito dagli swatches mi sono resa conto che Ray of light è ancora troppo scuro per me, ma che potrei probabilmente utilizzarlo dopo aver preso un po' di sole, mentre Blinded by the light riesce effettivamente ad illuminare il mio incarnato.
La texture è morbida e setosa, li ho applicati entrambi sia con le dita sia con il pennello che uso esclusivamente per l'highlighting, ossia il n. di Wayne Goss che è diventato il mio preferito in assoluto (se volete vederlo più in dettaglio lo trovate qui).
Una volta applicati sugli zigomi, osservando da vicino si intravedono dei glitter che sottolineano la texture della pelle e le sue imperfezioni, forse l'unico vero svantaggio di questi illuminanti per chi come me non ha una pelle proprio perfetta.
A me l'effetto piace molto, soprattutto Blinded by the light regala una luminosità intensa, quasi da zigomo bagnato.
Il mio giudizio finale quindi è positivo, svolgono il loro compito ed il risultato è davvero molto carino.
Voi li avete provati? Cosa ne pensate? Fatemelo sapere qui sotto nei commenti e ci vediamo presto con una nuova beauty review!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye